Now is the time to prioritise your health and fitness.
As we all recalibrate our day to day lives, many of us are feeling the need to protect ourselves and each other as best we can.
It’s common knowledge that exercise and good nutrition improve our mental and physical health. Importantly, and thankfully, this also includes safeguarding our immune systems.
EXERCISE, IMMUNITY AND COVID-19
There is a wealth of research to substantiate this common knowledge and common sense. A recent article by Professor Richard J Simpson featured on the American College of Sports Medicine website is a good read, highlighting the facts based on the science. For example,
- The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has raised a lot of questions regarding how exercise can protect us from infection by boosting immunity.
- The human immune system is a highly intricate network of cells and molecules designed to keep the host free from infection and disease. Exercise is known to have a profound impact on the normal functioning of the immune system.
- Each bout of exercise, particularly whole-body dynamic cardiorespiratory exercise, instantaneously mobilizes literally billions of immune cells, especially those cell types that are capable of carrying out effector functions such as the recognition and killing of virus-infected cells.
- Not only can exercise have a positive direct effect on the cells and molecules of the immune system, but it is also known to counter the negative effects of isolation and confinement stress on various aspects of immunity.
- Currently, the greatest risk of COVID-19 infection is exposure. It is paramount that we find creative ways to exercise while maintaining social distancing and proper hygienic countermeasures. While exercise may not prevent us from becoming infected if exposed, it is likely that keeping active will boost our immune system to help minimize the deleterious effects of the virus, ameliorate our symptoms, expedite our recovery times and lower the likelihood that we can infect others with whom we come into contact.
PRIORITISE YOUR HEALTH WITH PERFORMANCEPRO
At PerformancePro, our commitment to creating a safe, controlled environment for our clients and trainers has never been greater. We want to play a key role in helping you prioritise your health and fitness so you can,
- Ensure regular appropriate exercise to help regulate and improve your immune system
- Stay active to help maintain your mental health and wellbeing
- Keep on track with healthy eating and maintaining your optimum weight
- Stay focused, motivated and avoid injury with a qualified coach and tailored fitness programme
COME TRAIN WITH US
Take your next step and book your free no-strings consultation with PerformancePro today >>